Thursday, September 07, 2006

Yakki Da

Apologies to any Welsh readers, but I'm running out of titles!

Off to Cardiff later for three gigs at The Glee Club down on the Bay. I only get to do this a couple of times a year so its always a real event. Lee who runs the place used to be Bar Manager at the Brum Glee, so I've known him a long time. He goes out of his way to make your weekend as much fun as possible, as with Birmingham its like going to visit family for the weekend.

There's an extra frisson of excitement this weekend cos the hotel has changed. Last time I did the gig I had to endure the godawful Big Sleep hotel, and it really does take the edge of an otherwise great weekend.

So now apparently, we have this amazing new place to stay in that's closer to the gig, so no wrestling drunks for a cab back each night.

The other great thing is the line-up, I'm MC'ing, then we have the marvellous Mandy Knight, Craig Campbell who I haven't gigged with in years and Owen O'Neill who I don't think I've ever shared a bill with in my whole 13 years. I'm so excited, I can't wait to see all of them do their stuff.

Have a good one folks xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home