Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Aftermath...

So I got home, feeling pretty weak having not really eaten for a couple of days. I'd risked that free sarnie at the airport and paid the price big time!

I dumped the contents of my case, happy that the huge ceramic bowl I'd bought survived as did the tea glasses, and then stripped off and hit the shower. I'd dumped all of my toiletries in the hotel on Tuesday morning thinking I'd not need them - silly me - so I was stinking! Before I got in, I took the dressing off my belly button wound and it was nasty! I tried to clean up the stuff that was coming out of it and this came out along with the pus!

Yep, its a big old lump of knotted thread! The kind of thread you sew buttons on with. Not the kind of thread to stitch wounds with!

When I had the operation six weeks ago, I was told that there were 'one or two' dissolving stitches internally and that they'd soon be gone, so where the hell did this chunk of thread come from?????? No wonder the wound wouldn't heal, my body was trying to expel this damn thing!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home