Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Goa Goa Gone! Part Two


A combination of all the things I’ve whinged on about led me to do a search on the net and I managed to bag myself a good deal at The Taj in Sinquerim, and it was with a massive sigh of relief that I check out of the other place and into there on Sunday afternoon. Not before time too cos the freak rang the bell to my room late Saturday night claiming to be housekeeping. Needless to say I didn’t answer. I guess the reason he did that was cos I’d managed to slip out to the Saturday night market without him seeing me go, so he must’ve been wondering where I was.

The market, btw, which I so roundly slagged off last week, I absolutely loved this week! I bought fabulous silver shoes, some jersey harem trousers and my mate Smiley’s movie Down Terrace on DVD! I hung around and had dinner, chatted with some of the stall holders, and just soaked up the vibe a bit more.

Even though I was only a few kms up the road I was a world away from the muck and dust of Calangute. Manicured lawns, enormous rooms with huge beds and pillows that nobody had drooled on, a pool that was clean and even smelled of chlorine, and staff that weren’t looking for a sugar mummy!

There was a spa, which I made full use of - manicure, pedicure, facial and massage - the restaurants were all amazing and the security hardcore. I had to go through two checks before I could get to reception. As a single woman I was asked if I wanted my phone calls screened and I replied that I did, in fact I told them not to put any calls through as I wasn’t expecting anyone to call me there. After feeling more than a little scared in the other place, these security measures more than put my mind at rest.

So that was it, I am more than ready to leave, I’m feeling the pull of the ashram - I’ll be walking through the gates in eight days’ time and I am so excited! I’m also looking forward to getting out of Goa to be honest. I loved seeing Camilla and Rita, I devoured the dishes at the Redonda, and I’ve enjoyed swimming in the sea and working on my tan, but I doubt I’ll be back. Some places are best left in the memory I guess.

When I’m travelling I get a chance to listen to music more than I do normally, and so far there’s been two stand out artists for me on this trip. Number one has been Adele. I pre-ordered 21 before I left the UK and finally got to download it last week. Holy shit, it’s magnificent! My favourite tracks so far are Rumour Has It, Rolling In The Deep, He Won’t Go, and Someone Like You - just fantastic stuff.

The other is mainly the one tune, Tinie Tempah’s Miami to Ibiza. I’ve not been raving recently (like in the last 15 years) but this one makes me wanna put my hands in the air and whack some Vicks up my nose!

The final note to my tale of Goa woe took place at the airport today. I was all checked in for my flight, just about to go through security, and I heard my name being called. I turned around and who should I see but the freak from the hotel! Jeez! I just scarpered through security away from the fucker!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Fiona M Chapelle said...

OH MY goodness, you have your own Indian Ian Stalker! Bloody hell Jo, only you!

The nerve of the horrid man coming to the air-port? I wonder as well if he had attempted to seek you out at the other hotel and they had managed it properly for you.

So what sort of price do you pay for a good hotel now?

Those shoes are outrageous, Clarkes did a more finished version of them a few seasons ago, I suspect they will be fabulous for a while and they you'll be like...what was I thinking!They are kind of nearly spectacular.

From your ankles I'd say the tan is coming along very well. It is grim and windy here, so enjoy it bish! Laters...keep safe, keep smiling and keep avoiding arseholes! Muah.

5:19 pm  
Blogger JoJo Smith said...

Cheers for the shoes compliment! You're right Clarks did do them! I knew I'd seen them somewhere before. I love them to bits.

3:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home