Thursday, February 09, 2006

Coming up

Yayyyyyyyyyy I'm off to Birmingham in the morning!!!!!!!

Not something most people get excited about I know, but I'm off to do three nights at my favourite club in the country, The Glee Club. This was the first 'big' gig I ever did 11 years ago, and going there now is like going to visit family but in a good way.

My partners in crime this weekend include the amazing Andre Vincent, who never fails to reduce me to helpless giggles on or offstage. When him and Alasdair who runs the Glee, get together it's like watching Hinge and Bracket on acid..oooooh I am sooo excited!

To round off a potentially brilliant weekend I'm doing Just the Tonic in Nottingham on Sunday night.

Many moons ago I was doing a gig in Chiswick and after I came off this young man stopped me and told me he wanted to start a comedy club in his hometown and could I suggest any comics who'd be willing to go and play there. I mailed him a list of phone numbers, then didn't hear anything till almost a year later, when Off The Kerb booked me for the opening night of a new gig in Nottingham.

I walked in and there was the young man who'd stopped me on the stairs in Chiswick, true to his word he booked me. Darryl Martin - to whom Just the Tonic belongs - was that young man. He's know old and knackered like the rest of us with about six million children, but he still has the enthusiasm you need from a club promoter....I'm sooooooo excited about this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home