Friday, September 15, 2006

Bollocks!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooooooo I went and did it.

My first support slot for Puppetry of the Penis that is. Their agent, the suave and handsome John collected me from my house and drove me to the venue which was the other side of London on the Herts/Essex borders.

We've spoken on the loads over the last three years, but this was my first time actually meeting him. The conversation in the car flowed way more smoothly than the rush hour traffic on the North Circular I can tell you!

Got to the gig with about 10 minutes to spare, so I slung my lippy on, had a wee and then it was time to get my ass onstage.

It was amazing, a big theatre, sold out, and I had a blinder of a gig! I always assume that anyone coming to one of their shows knows what to expect, and as a result there's nothing I can say that is gonna shock people.

I assume wrong. There was a very sweet, grey haired, old lady in the third row who looked as tho she'd nodded off and woken up in Sodom and Gomorrah! If she found me 'challenging' what on earth was she gonna make of the boys?

Anyways, I had a great laugh and the predominantly female audience were more than ready for the main event.

Nipping outside for a fag in the interval, I bumped into one of my comedy chums, Susan Murray, who'd come to check out their show as she's supporting them tonight in Hayes. It was great to see her, I can't remember the last time we met up.

Went in to watch the show and was seated a bit too close to the stage for my liking, but as it was sold out, I didn't have much choice. The boys - Martin and Dan - came on in their silk capes, socks and trainers - how glamourous - to a riotous reception from the willy starved women of Broxbourne. It was insania, and that was before they took their capes off!

These guys are new to me, over the years I've worked with several other Penis Puppeteers, keeps it fresh! They're like a franchise now, like Stomp, there's several PotP's touring on the various continents.

I hadn't seen the show for a couple of years and had forgotten just how funny it is. It also looks pretty painful at times! I don't have a cock of my own, but if I did, I think I'd treat it a bit better than Martin and Dan do theirs!

The audience loved every minute of it, and the lads seemed to be having fun too. It was a great night, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

I'm off to Portsmouth today to MC a couple of gigs for Jongleurs, which I'm looking forward to. Colin Cole is on and he's always a calming influence in the dressing room.

Then on Sunday I take my time getting over to Bournemouth to do The Pavillion Theatre with the boys. I can't wait! I love doing theatres, you feel proper showbiz.

I've packed my digital camera and plan to come back with a rare photo of Puppetry of the Penis with their clothes on!

In the meantime, if you wanna know or see more of them you can go to their website which is www.puppetryofthepenis.com

Have a great weekend folks xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home