Thursday, May 22, 2008

An Amazing Week!!!!!!!!!!

You know when you just have one of those weeks where everything works out really well? Well I'm having one of those and hope it continues cos I have potentially an awesome weekend in the offing.

It all started when EasyJet got me back to Luton in one piece on Sunday. Admittedly it took almost as long as the flight to get my case off the plane, but other than that it was all good.

Monday coulda gone either way to be honest. I've been having problems with my hot water for almost 2 years, and an endless parade of workmen couldn't seem to make it work. This week tho I found the one plumber who really knows what he's doing and he had the right parts with him! Add to that the fact that he turned up when he said he would, in fact he was a bit early!

Monday night I had my first night in front of the telly for a fortnight and spent actually not watching TV but catching up with mates on the phone. Its been aaaaaaages since I did that and it was brilliant!

Tuesday saw me out and about with the lovely Stephen K Amos. He was doing a gig at the private members club The Hospital in Covent Garden and never one to shirk an excuse to get dressed up, I went along.

I've not been higher than the ground floor in there - I saw the Warhol vs Banksy show and a Punk Rock retrospective - so it was good to be able to nosey about on the other floors. I have to say its a really good looking club, kinda got the feel of a boutique hotel about it. I really liked the place.

The show was excellent too with the lovely Greg Davies setting the tone for the whole night as MC. He was fabulous, as were all three of the comics Jack Whitehead, Josh Howie and of course Steve! The free champagne was lovely too!

Yesterday I had a fantastic lunch with a new friend, then met Gina for coffee, gossip and serious shopping! In less than 30 minutes she had shoes, beauty products and a whole new wedding outfit! That's how we do it!

A quick word about the new Kate Moss collection in TopShop, I've not been a fan really of most of the stuff, but the High Summer stuff is gorgeous! I went in for a quick look yesterday and came out with two tops and a fabulous frock!

Sooo today is the biggie. I'm off to Nottingham. Now I know you're wondering what's so special about that, well the gig is always great fun, but on Saturday and Sunday I get to spend the whole day (both days) in the company of His Holiness The Dalai Lama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my tickets sooooooooo long ago that it almost felt like the time would never come, but now its here, a few hours away and I feel so blessed! It'll be interesting listening to him speak about compassion all day on Saturday, and then going to Nottingham Jongleurs to talk about my snatch for 20 minutes to 500 drunken stags and hens!!!!!! I'm guessing I'll see the exact state of my karma by then!

Even got an extra gig this weekend in Birmingham on Sunday, so it's all good and all hectic - just the way life should be!

Have a cracking Bank Holiday folks xxxx

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home