Thursday, May 08, 2008

Walking on Sunshine!!!!!!!

How brilliant is this Boris-inspired heatwave folks???????

London in the sunshine is the most amazing city in the world, if only we had a beach like Barcelona it would be totally perfect, but close to perfect is good enough for me right now.

I was in the West End getting my hair done yesterday when I got a call from the divine Mr Stephen K Amos. He was in town too, so newly-blonded I met up with him in a pub behind Oxford Circus. He'd been lunching with a very high-powered BBC producer, who had to go back to the office, sadly. Not so Steve and I. We sat in the sun outside the pub for a while, then headed over to Balans on Old Compton St - via Shellys where I got two fabulous pairs of shoes in their closing down sale - for a drink and a bite to eat.

As luck would have it, it was happy hour on cocktails and there was a street side table free, so we plonked ourselves down and perused the menu. I decided to go all retro with a pina colada, and Steve was being all cool with his Mojito. Cool that is until my drink arrived with a big piece of pineapple and a cherry on top. Then he was jealous! It was yummy too!

We ordered some bits of food to soak up the booze and it did a great job, cos five cocktails later (including a passion fruit daquiri) I was still pretty sober! Now I haven't drunk like that since Christmas Day, so I suspect the Happy Hour cocktails are slightly less alcoholic than the full price ones! I shoulda been on my back! Not that I'm complaining tho' I hate being drunk but I do love the taste of those cocktails.

I have a theory that if you sit in one place in Central London long enough you will eventually see everyone you know in the world ever. Not sure how long it would take but in three hours yesterday, Steve and I caught up with Miss Kimberly, our lovely comedy chum Michael Legge and his fabulous missus, and Alan Carr and Cleo Roccos, who had obviously been drinking cocktails that did have booze in em!

I haven't seen Alan since Edinburgh last year, and he was spilling over with compliments god bless him, I do love him! Cleo I met a billion years ago and even she remembered me so I must be looking more like I did in my early 30's!

Today the sun is still blazing and I am very happy, cos I'm off to The Glee Club in Cardiff for the weekend. The line-up is excellent with the Ians Cognito and Coppinger, the latter I've not seen for years!

Whatever you guys have got planned, make it excellent xx

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home