Sunday, July 05, 2009

Golden Oldies

This year seems to be all about the comebacks for me. Musically speaking that is.

I started the year with the wonderous Grace Jones at the Roundhouse, followed that up with The Specials at Brixton Academy who exceeded all my expectations and then some, and then last week me and my pal Paul headed off to Hyde Park to witness the triumphant return to London of Blur.

I'd bought the tickets last year and got them cos I kinda felt I should - if that makes sense - I was a fan but not a fanatic you know? To tell the truth I was as much a fan of Damon and Graham's solo efforts as I was of them as Blur.

All that changed when I saw them live last week. It was such a joyous celebration. A celebration of music in general, of their music in particular, of life, of London, of humanity. All of which sounds a bit soppy I know but the gig just had such a great vibe.

I really hope that's not the end of their reunion, given the type of things Graham and Damon have been up to in the intervening years, I think a new Blur album would be something pretty awesome!

I don't think they will stop there, they looked like they were having way too much fun. Alex James never looked as happy yakking about cheese as he did jumping up and down with a fag hanging out of his mouth playing at being a rockstar again! Dave and Graham looked a bit overwhelmed, and Damon had moist eyes more than once, when he didn't have the biggest shit eating grin on his face that is!



We want more Blur please.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home