Monday, October 12, 2009

Twelve Months After

Last Saturday - 10 October - marked 12 months since my final lot of plastic surgery in Kuala Lumpur. Thinking back on it all, it was a fairly traumatic experience - having to cancel my week with the orangutans being the most upsetting part to be honest!

A year later, are there any regrets? Nope. Not one. If you can't be bothered to read back to my blogs of the whole experience, I basically had a 360 degree body lift, and a thigh lift to remove the excess skin caused by my 10stone weight loss. It wasn't without it's dramas, like the stitches coming undone on the thighs twice, but the surgeon Dr Jalil was a fantastic man who put me at my ease.

I went there with a company called Gorgeous Getaways and I would thoroughly recommend them as a way of having plastic surgery abroad. The staff were really kind - especially Ndang who was my daily visitor, ready to run any errands I might have and even doing my laundry for me! On top of that she never once failed to make me laugh and see the bright side of the most trying of circumstances.

I can't say that it was much cheaper than having it all done here, but I did get a month in a six star hotel and the most amazing aftercare - which I wouldn't have gotten here for that price. This is the link to their site http://www.gorgeousgetaways.com/home.htm

The scars are still pretty severe, but as I was mincing around London this summer in my cut-off denim shorts and sunbathing in my bikini with not one ounce of shame, I knew it had all been worth it.

On the scar front, I saw a new botox doctor a couple of weeks back the wonderfully named Dr Chez Vouz - on account that he leathers up and comes to you on his motorbike armed with syringes full of wrinkle-busting poison. I actually went to him cos he works out of Beauty Works West in Lambton Place, W11. Its the third time I've had botox and Dr Blum was the third doctor to administer it, I have to say I think he's been the best yet! He also has this neat thing where you go back two or three weeks' later and he tops you up, thus avoiding the Danni effect.

If you wanna go and see him here's the link http://www.beautyworkswest.com/

Anyway in addition to freezing my face, Dr Blum also demonstrated a wonderful new machine he has to obliterate scars. He blasted a bit of the scar on the back of my left thigh, and whilst it hurt like hell, it's definitely faded a fair bit! I'm seeing him for my top-up this weekend so will find out exactly what it is he used.

Ain't science brilliant!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home