Friday, July 24, 2009

You Swine!!!!!!!!!

So here's a lesson in taking the piss and karma.

Last weekend I was working at Up The Creek - where I had two brilliant gigs btw - and on the Friday night there was a woman on the front row who was a swine flu survivor. I actually thought that just breathing the same air as her would make me immune! On Saturday night the fabulous Jason Wood was on and he is obsessed about catching it. He's got anti-bac gel everywhere and even wears the masks! I was teasing him saying 'Oh it's no big deal! If you're gonna catch it you will and if you won't, you won't'.

Cut to Tuesday night and I noticed my night sweats were far more hardcore than they have been - more than menopause. I woke up on Wednesday not feeling all that great and actually changed my plans from a session at the gym to a session in TopShop, but even in there I wasn't feeling that great. My chest hurt, I was coughing and sneezing, I was hotter than usual, and had the beginnings of a headache. By Wednesday night I was aching everywhere - even my eye sockets! - and the sneezing and coughing was getting worse.

Thursday morning I had the shits and felt really sick on top of all the other symptoms, so went online to check the NHS Direct site, as I ticked box after box I began to feel a bit panicky. The result was "phone your GP". I did and a few hours later I was taking my first Tamiflu capsule.

I had to cancel my gigs at Camden Jongleurs this weekend. I doubt I could've made it to the stage, but once you have this you're not supposed to leave the house anyway. As much as I hate losing money, I couldn't live with myself if I'd infected my colleagues.

It really is a fucker tho, apart from all the usual flu symptoms cranked up to 11, I've also got this weird spacing out thing where its like I've been in a trance for a few minutes before I'm back in the room.

Oh well, at least I get to catch up on all my missed sleep, and I've learned not to take the piss!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home