Monday, December 18, 2006

The Saga Continues...

Sooo did Reading on Saturday night and had the pleasant surprise of bumping into Michael Smiley at Paddington, both of us with time for a coffee and a catch-up.

The gig was lively, but all of us - Paul Chowdhry, Rhys Darby and Tony Gerrard - had a great time. Yay!

Dashing to the station afterwards, who should I see on the platform but Smiley again! It was great to have company both in the wait for the train and on the journey. His acting career is really taking off, I'm so chuffed for him.

Sunday morning was sheer bliss, a long sleep, the papers, nice breakfast...divine! Then in my vain attempt to budget I decided to download some free anti-virus software and try and tidy up the old sony viao I was using. It ran sooo slow it was as tho it was steam powered! Six hours later and a number of bugs had been identified, so I clicked on the button to fix the problems. This of course resulted in the whole computer going tits up! Technology is not my friend!

This morning, I got up early and headed out for a much needed manicure. While I sat there being pampered I thought 'sod the budget' I'll go get a new MacBook. Less than 40 minutes later I was in the Apple shop on Regent Street getting the lowdown on the best one for me. The model was chosen, and I cleverly paid by chip and pin avoiding the massive queue. They email the invoice to you which is so much simple (tho it hasn't arrived yet).

I explained about my broadband and was told that it would work fine, so I ran home all excited, and set it up. Guess what? It's not compatible! Bugger! The only solution Mac support could come up with was to drag my ass back to Regent St and return the laptop. That wasn't gonna solve any of my problems now was it? I rang the broadband provider and they told me to buy a £40 router from PC World, but while I was on the phone to them a miracle happened and I found myself online!

The wireless thingy has found some way of connecting me! Thank you Lord Buddha!

I will still get the router, just don't have much time as I'm off to Nottingham for my final five Xmas shows tomorrow, but in the meantime gawd bless whoever or whatever made this damn thing work!

Have a great week folks xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home