Sunday, March 09, 2008

Martians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooooo what a cracking couple of gigs I had this weekend!

I was at Watford Jongleurs with one of the strongest line-ups I've worked with in a while - Andrew Murrell, Marcus Birdman and Mickey Flannagan. 

Both nights just built beautifully, Andrew always delivers, set the tone, and Marcus took the gig and ran with it. It's been about 18 months since I saw him last, and my god, he's really on top form now! Closing the show - brilliant as always - Mickey who just gets more and more comfortable onstage. Any single one of these guys on a bill is a treat, all three is spoiling us all! I, of course, was my usual incredible self! I really enjoyed my time onstage this weekend.

Today I went for a little dose of culcha at The Barbican. They've got a new show, called the Martian Museum of Terrestrial Art, and its works of contemporary art curated as if to show aliens what human beings are like. It was a fun idea and a great show with works by a ton of artists I'd not heard of before in amongst the Hirst's and the Warhol's. 

It's definitely been my week for celeb spotting too, as I arrived I vaguely recognised this couple who were just leaving and they both looked at me as if they knew me (probably wondered why Aggyness Deyn wasn't in Paris modelling *grin*). The woman in particular, flashed a huge smile at me. It was only as I got past them that I realised it was Nigella Lawson and Charles Saatchi! Both of them were incredibly thin, Nigella about half the size she was on her most recent tv series, and soooooo amazingly beautiful.

Anyway, go see the show, its fab!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home