Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A Very Good Cause

Soooooo there I was, gigging at Jongleurs in Portsmouth over the weekend. The gigs were challenging and ultimately successful, I managed to get upgraded at the hotel (Oh the joys of being a non-smoker! Seven weeks and counting) and bonus of bonuses, I made the last train back to London on Saturday night, so woke up in my own bed on Sunday. Faaaaaaabulous.

There was also the added treat of all the outlet shops at Gunwharf Quays. I got a brilliant pair of Engineered Levis for a tenner and a fantastic Barbour jacket for half the recommended price - apparently I am now a sample size!

I've begun my countdown to the big surgery day next Tuesday, and yesterday saw me getting my finger and toenails de-coloured so that they will be able to check on me while I am out. I was told that there was no need to remove the acrylic off the fingernails, but I remember getting a right old bollocking at St George's last year, after being told the same thing. Not taking any chances this time! It feels very odd to have my natural nails again, and god bless them, they're very short and a bit battle worn. Oh well the rest will do em good. The pedicure felt lovely too.

I went along to the Comedy Store last night as my pal Stephen K Amos was MC'ing a benefit for Shelter. The line up was really good, with people like Phil Nichol - who was hilarious, The Raymond and Mr Timkins Revue - as daft as ever, and Reginald D Hunter who I haven't seen perform for a loooooong time! He was amazing! Steve did an excellent job as MC, and lots of money was raised for an excellent cause.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home