Monday, July 05, 2010

So, Back In London...

and determined to bring the best of Barcelona with me.

By that I mean, waking up feeling positive, enjoying every moment of the sunshine, packing loads of good things into every day.

Sunday saw me exercising for the first time in ages cos my assorted wounds had healed enough to do a decent workout. It'll be a while before I can do a load with my arms cos the hand's still healing, but I worked the biceps and triceps enough to feel it later on!

Then as the sun was shining, I pulled on my Desigual shorts and my lovely white All Saints frock that's too short to be worn on its own, along with my Birkenstocks and wandered off to the King's Road for my first trip to the new Saatchi Gallery.


Not sure why I've missed visiting before now, I was a regular at the old place at County Hall, but for some reason this one has just passed me by. Not any longer.

The current exhibition is called Newspeak: British Art Now and its pretty special really. There's one or two pieces I wasn't blown away by, but there was quite a bit I loved. Fortunately, they are cool enough to let you take photos so here's some of the ones I liked.


Because I was too cheap to pay the £1.50 for the programme I can't tell you who the individual artists are, and I am not even gonna pretend to know who made the majority of these pieces, but one artist whose work I'm familiar with is Barry Reigate and here's a couple of his from the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home