Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hmmmm....

"May you live in interesting times" so the old Chinese curse goes.

This week its been both a blessing and a curse.

The curse has been health problems and general NHS incompetence, but then that's par for the course these days. The carpal tunnel wound was bound to get infected and when I asked for anti-biotics at the time of the surgery, the nurses looked at me like I was crazy.

Tuesday I turned up for the follow-up appointment for the hernia that never went away and is now twice the size it was before the initial op. I arrived at 8.45 and was told the clinic had been cancelled. It was claimed that a letter had been sent to me on 27 May cancelling the appointment, I didn't receive this letter , but then as my appointment was only made on 1 June, how could I have? Fucking incompetent fools!

The blessings have been manyfold tho too thank god! I spent some quality time with my oldest and dearest friend, and we even booked a Christmas trip to Moscow together. Looking forward to that one.

I queued up for and got the iPhone 4, sadly not everyone in the queue was as lucky. I haven't had a lot of time to find my way around it yet, but what I have seen I love!

The sunshine has arrived with a vengeance and that is a massive blessing, London really comes into itself when we get some sun.

I had a great time in Leicester last night with my old comedy chum Mike Gunn, who very kindly gave me a lift back to my door as well as showing me some of the tricks of the iPhone!

Biggest blessing of all this week, I'm off to Barcelona today! For five whole wonderful days! I so cannot wait. Its one of my favourite cities in the world, and its gonna be brilliant!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home