Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fun Time

So last weekend I was gigging at The Comedy Cafe for the first time in a while, and what a blast I had.

It's the club's 20th anniversary year, and so some of the comedians who started out playing here have returned to say thank you to the wonderful Mr Noel Faulkner who's run the gaff from the start.

Thursday night I was on with the amazing Terry Alderton who said its been nearly 20 years since he last gigged here. He tore the room up as usual. Alan Francis was on too, who I haven't seen work for a looooong time. He was on cracking form too. He's been doing more acting than stand-up recently, but he's back with some terrific material and a renewed sense of confidence.

Inspired by the comedy talent I even improvised a whole new bit myself!

Friday and Saturday I was on with Ed Byrne, Simon Fox and Tommy Campbell. Another trio I've not seen or worked with for ages. Ed and I used to play here regularly before his career took off and I have to say it was an utter joy to see him on that stage again. He was running in new material and it was terrific stuff.

Simon and Tommy were on great form too, and the audiences loved the entire night, judging by the feedback I got afterwards.

Thank you Noel and here's to your next 20 years!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home