Monday, June 20, 2011

Three Weeks In...

Aside from the rubbishness of today's hospital visit, I've been having a pretty good time since I got back from India.

I've caught up with old pals like the divine Ms Gina Yashere, the gorgeous Ms Ninia Benjamin, and the fabulous Mr Stephen K Amos for a series of lunches that have been splendid for both the food and the conversation.

I've realised that my shopping addiction was way out of hand before I left and since my return I've been digging out the masses of clothes I had in storage instead of buying new stuff. To be fair there's been no incentive to buy summer clothes since I returned and in fact I had to remove my winter wardrobe from storage and put it back where I could get at it!

I've been back to my yoga classes and rejoined the gym so that I can retain the fitness I achieved whilst I was away, and best of all, I've been back onstage.

Before I left for India I genuinely wasn't sure I would ever do another gig, and to be honest didn't miss it all that much either. But from the first gig back at Up The Creek to this weekend in Sheffield at The Last Laugh, it's been amazing! I've loved every second I've been onstage and my renewed love of performing has made for some cracking gigs.

This coming Saturday sees me celebrating 18 years of stand-up and I'll be at The Glee Club in Oxford MC'ing a fabulous line-up, so if you're local, come along and say hello.

My diary is slowly filling up for the remainder of my time here in London, and I plan to make the most of each and every show.

4 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

Just read both your recent posts - talk about the see-saw of life!! It's brilliant that you've rediscovered your love of performing, and that you're looking forward to more gigs. Re the osteo-arthritis news, how the hell it's just coming to light now, after all the appointments you've had, is astonishing! I hope you find some medication, conventional or otherwise, that makes it 'easier' to cope with.

Elaine/Freesia13

9:18 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Are you going to publish your gig dates? I wanna be a JoJo groupie!!

9:29 pm  
Blogger JoJo Smith said...

Hi Elaine.
Funnily enough someone on Twitter recommended a herbal anti-inflammatory that won't break my kidneys so I'm gonna give that a try. I'll be fine once the shock wears off I reckon.

9:31 pm  
Blogger JoJo Smith said...

Because I didn't pre-book my gigs I'm not entirely sure myself where I'm gonna be performing Claire, but as always I can let you know on Twitter x

9:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home