Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Hungry? Not any more!

Soooo I've finally bitten the bullet and booked my first holiday in about five years. I went yesterday and booked a flight to Bangkok, timing it so that I arrive on my birthday. Just what you need as you decline in years, a long night flight to a different time zone, thus ensuring you feel every single one of those years!

I've never been to Thailand, and to be really honest, never had any interest in going, until I became a Buddhist last year. Now I can't wait to spend a couple of weeks there, checking out the Temples and monasteries.

As I've said before I'm kinda anal when it comes to lots of things, and had planned to book every single aspect of the trip, but as I sat in the travel agency I decided to break with tradition and all I booked was the flight and the first three nights in Bangkok....after that I plan to go wherever the fancy takes me. Wow! Brave eh?

Talking of long-haul travel, my bestest comedy pal Stephen K Amos left last night for 3 months in Australia and New Zealand, he'll be doing the Melbourne Comedy Festival, and the Auckland Festival as well as gigs all over Oz. His website is down for repair atm, but check him out if you live in the antipodes. He's one of the brightest stars in the comedy firmament.

And talking of Australia, I saw possibly the most disturbing movie ever yesterday, made in Australia. It's called Feed and is a bizarre detective/horror movie centered on the world of Feeders and Gainers. These are men who enable and encourage big women to get even bigger. Channel 4 showed a documentary about it a few years back, called Fat Girls and Their Feeders.

If I wanted to be kind I'd call it a fetish, but the reality is it's control over another human being taken to the ultimate level. These women are unable to get off the bed, let alone leave the house and so are totally reliant on their Feeders to take care of them. These guys often photgraph and video the women and chart their weight gain on internet sites. I'm all for personal freedom, but this is slow murder at worst and extreme mental and physical abuse at best.

Rant over, I went to see the movie out of curiousity. Now normally I'd get myself a tub of popcorn and a 'small' drink (ie bucket size), thank god I didn't do that for this movie!%

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home