Saturday, March 22, 2008

Gavin and Stacey

How amazing is this show?????? 

I only caught a couple of the first series and while I thought it was pretty good, it's not like I went ga ga over it.  Anyway Series 2 started last Sunday and due to my enforced downtime I decided to watch the introductory double episode. My god, I was blown away!

Ruth Jones' character Nessa is just sooooooo compelling to watch, kinda dark but kinda sad too. I love that she has this checkered past and you're not sure if it's true or complete fantasy - from being chucked out of All Saints for not getting on with Shaznay to having an affair with Richard Madeley when she was their nanny... hilarious.

It was written by Ruth and James Corden, whose character is a lot more fleshed out -pardon the pun - this series too, as he comes to terms with the realisation that he's the father of Nessa's baby... I can't wait to see how it unfolds!

All of the cast are fantastic, Rob Brydon, Alison Steadman, all of em... take a bow folks you're fabulous!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home