Sunday, February 03, 2008

Life Is Good!

Soooo back from a fantastic weekend in Cardiff. I was doing the Glee Club down on Mermaid Quay, and it was just bliss! 

The line-up was fantastic -Barry Castignola who I'd never worked with before and really enjoyed watching, Greg Cook whose gag rate is phenomenal, and the incomparable Ian Cognito - it was a pleasure to MC such a bill. I was doing new stuff at a rate of knots. I know I am relaxed and enjoying a gig when I allow myself to try out stuff that has been floating around my head for a while but I've not dared do onstage before. This weekend I did tons of that!

I'm now on Day 19 of the no smoking, and it was brilliant this weekend not having to beg for a smoking room at the hotel, not having to freeze my ass off smoking outdoors, not stinking of it...but I am definitely replacing some of those unsmoked cigarettes with snacks. I've gained two pounds this week, tho I fully intend to exercise this off quick-smart. In fact I began today by doing an extra 300 crunches! 

According to Allen Carr it takes 3 weeks for the nicotine cravings to stop so I should be ok by Wednesday morning, and I know that those cravings are for fags not food, but I only remember this when I am on my second pear or apple! I also know that eating fruit isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I am eating more and there is sugar in the fruit even if it ain't the poison that white sugar is.

Still in the scheme of things, life is fantastic, I love being a non-smoker!

Ooooh congratulations to my bessie mate Stephen K Amos who this weekend stormed his audition in Miami for Last Comic Standing. He's off to Vegas in March for the semi-final...yayyyyyyyyyyy!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home