Thursday, February 07, 2008

Sweeney Todd

Just back from the lovely Coronet Cinema at Notting Hill Gate where I saw the gorgeous Johnny Depp in the above mentioned movie, and I am still reeling from it!

Tim Burton has such a great visual style, and this movie is his most accomplished yet, it looks amazing! The songs aren't quite as catchy as say the ones from Oliver! but they work within the film, and Johnny does a fabulous David Bowie impression when he sings. Helena Bonham Carter holds her own next to the divine Mr D, and Alan Rickman, Timothy Spall and Sacha Baron Cohen are all hugely enjoyable too!

Watching it I was struck by how Kate Moss must wake up every single morning kicking herself for letting Johnny get away. I mean, we've all had loves we've lost and it's guaranteed to cause the odd twinge of regret, but imagine being Johnny Depp's girlfriend and fucking it up! No wonder she drinks and does drugs, so would I!!!!!!!

On a lighter note, I am off to Birmingham tomorrow for a weekend's worth of gigs at Jongleurs on Broad Street, the line up's pretty good, and there's some fab people on at the Glee across town, I reckon a lunch is called for!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home