Tuesday, February 12, 2008

In't Life Brilliant!!!!!!!!

No particular reason for it, but I feel on top of the world this morning. I love it when that happens. Could be the sun shining again for the fifth day in a row, could be just that life is pretty good really.

I had a fabulous weekend in Birmingham. I was at Jongleurs comedy club, and that meant the nice hotel on Broad Street. As I checked in I asked for a nice non-smoking room, and was informed that they'd gotten rid of their smoking rooms! Gawd, if I needed any more confirmation that stopping smoking was A Good Thing, that was it! If I'd still been on em, that woulda sent me into a major tantrum!

The line-up this weekend was the lovely Rex Boyd, my old mucker Colin Cole who was excited cos he was about to jet off to Oz for a few weeks on Sunday, and Tommy Campbell. I've met Tommy a couple of times but didn't really know him all that well, what a terrific guy he is! His stand-up was fantastic, and offstage he is just a minefield of technical information! I'm gonna book him in for an Apple Tutorial! He also tipped me off to the benefits of using resistance tubes rather than weights for my workouts. For one thing they're lighter so when I'm away my case won't be quite so heavy. 

All three nights, all four of us had cracking gigs, it was brilliant fun.

So there was a cool bunch at Jongleurs and over at the Glee the line-up was bloody strong too. On Friday after our show finished I went down there with Rex, and hung out with the gorgeous Andy Robinson who never looks any older or less gorgeous, Rob Deering who took the roof off the place, and two of my favourite comedy men Ian Moore and Michael Smiley. What a treat! It was great to see em all.

On Saturday Smiley and I hung out and had lunch, which was great as its such a rarity. We also hit TK Maxx which is fast becoming one of my favourite ever shops in the world, got some beautiful NB trainers in pink and blue for £25.

Sunday saw me settled in my lovely empty first class carriage on the train back to London, the papers spread out around me, a delicious coffee by my side...the perfect end to a perfect weekend.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home