Sunday, April 27, 2008

Alexander McFrickinQueen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooo I spent the weekend doing gigs at the wonderful Toby Foster's Last Laugh comedy clubs in Sheffield. Thursday night at the Little Last Laugh at the Lescar Pub which was just a dream to play, then Friday and Saturday at the big Last Laugh at the Memorial Hall which was great fun too, especially on Saturday night.

The line-up was cracking - Dan Evans who's just got some blinding gags at the moment and Mat Blaize who's gone from strength to strength since I last worked with him about two years ago - with the divine Mr Foster MC'ing. It was great fun from start to finish.

I also got to indulge in my main hobby of shopping, which is always a huge bonus. Since I was last up here, they've opened a mahoooosive Primark on the corner of the same street that the hotel's on, and it was there that I got a very Luella floral frock complete with net underskirt for £12 (it was actually featured in the Sunday Times Style section today too!). What's unusual about this Primark compared to any other I've been to in the UK is that the entrance seems to be part social club, part social security office! I've never seen such a 'challenging' collection of human beings in a place where money wasn't being dispensed by the government! I guess they have to hang out somewhere to finish off their Greggs' steak slices! Btw, there appears to be even more branches of said bakery since I was last here!

It's very odd, cos while Greggs is expanding here, Starbucks has only made one inroad. There's a branch near the University, but not a single Starbucks on the main shopping drag! This is sooooo weird, cos every other city in the UK has at least three or four of the fuckers on their High Street!

Anyway, after the success in Primark I made my pilgrimage across town to TK Maxx. I almost didn't bother going cos the only things I ever seem to buy in there are jeans, hoodies and trainers and I sure as hell don't need any more of any of those things! Anyway the lure was too strong, so I gave in, and boy am I glad I did!!!!!

The 'full' priced items held no appeal to me, but I found myself in the clearance section. Normally even I don't have the patience to rummage through those rails, but a white cotton embroidered tunic/mini-dress caught my eye. It was only £7 so I picked it up and was sufficiently inspired by that find to keep going. Then I saw it, I couldn't believe my eyes, I looked at the price before I even looked at the item properly - Original price £190, Clearance price £47. I saw the manufacturer's label - Alexander McQueen. I saw the size - 8. Then, as I pulled it out, I saw that it was the one thing I've been dying to buy since I lost weight - a denim jumpsuit! I'd been holding out for the Gap one for months, and when it finally arrived in the Oxford St branch last week I was one of the first to try it on, only for my hopes to be dashed when it looked like shit on me! That one was £40 full price, a fraction of the one in my hands now. I looked at it for ages - would an 8 fit me?

Only one way to find out, I braved the changing room to try it on. Part of me wanted to buy it without trying it, cos I just soooooo wanted it! But, I decided to be sensible, and I am soooooooo glad I did! Heart in my mouth I stripped off and slid into it...not only did it fit, it looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was soooo excited I wore it to travel home today, and even being sent by bus to Doncaster to catch the Leeds train cos the East Midland Mainline trains were all f**ked, couldn't dampen my mood. I felt sooooo cool, so on trend in my fabulous McQueen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home