Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Couple of Plugs

I've got all kinds of other stuff to tell you about and once life slows down a bit I'll post it, but in the meantime I have a couple of things I wanna tell you about.

First up is my mate Ray Roughler-Jones' autobiography "Drowning On Dry Land" which is published by Tangent Books. Their website is www.tangentbooks.co.uk. Ray's a really dear, old mate of mine from my Ladbroke Grove days, and for me the book was a brilliant race down memory lane, even tho his memory aint what it was! Even if you've never heard of his mag The Roughler, or seen any of the Roughler TV stuff on YouTube, or heard of Swansea where he was born, his tales of swanning about the Chanel HQ with his milliner girlfriend, or getting caught nicking a suit from an Oxford Street design emporium, will have you in stitches.

Its brutally honest - he's most brutal about himself - and reading it was just like listening to Ray speak. Here's a little link to him discussing the book with his publisher Class War mainman Ian Bone

http://ianbone.wordpress.com/2010/05/10/ray-roughler-jonesdrowning-on-dry-land/

Its a cracking read and a bargain at a mere £10.

Plug number two is for thishttp://filmlondon.org.uk/best_of_boroughs/the_tunnel/

A documentary made by Jody Vandenburg and Naomi de Pear about the infamous Tunnel Palladium. This was the club that Malcolm Hardee used to run before he started Up The Creek and if you ask any comic from that era they'll tell you it was the toughest club in the world. Thank god I missed it by a few years, tho of course I had my own pasting at the Creek the first time I played it.

Anyway there's the likes of Harry Enfield and Simon Munnery reminiscing about their times on that stage along with members of the legendary audience. Well worth a look if you like your comedy, and give em a vote too!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Shullie said...

thanks for sharing- shall have to have a look see- and you have made me want to got Barcelona too.. have been through, flown there and back on way to else where but never stayed there....

3:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home