Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Back In The Saddle


Soooo fresh from my CELTA, I literally dashed off to Watford Junction on Friday night for my first gig in a month.

Things have changed since I was last there, both the club and the dressing room have been done up, as you can see.



I must say the TVs on stage with the moving Highlight logo are rather distracting for the audience trying to watch the comics, but other than that it looks fabulous!

I was nervous and excited about going onstage, but within 30 seconds of being up there it was like I'd never been away. I had a ball.

Another change is that on Fridays we had two comedians and a compere, instead of three. This would've been a good thing had we started on time. As a slave to London Midland railways that makes all the difference between getting home safely and being a crime statistic!

Anyway, it was great to be back and brilliant to see both Tom Wrigglesworth and Chris McCausland make everyone laugh.

Saturday night I was right back there and we had the full complement of comedians. We also started on time - hurrah! I got to see my old mate Harvey Oliver, as well as Johnny Katz and Gordon Southern who I've not worked with for a very, very long time. Fabulous!

There's a sense of 'counting down' for me now, I've got about 20 gigs left before I wander off into the Indian wilderness, and as a result I'm enjoying every single one.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home