Monday, April 24, 2006

Home Sweet Home

At last! I am back in my city centre penthouse (well Zone 2, top floor flat).

Gawd I've missed my home. I had a great time with my dad, played with his new Bose cd/radio thing...should get a decent price for it on Ebay when he goes. Then I went off to Leeds.

As I wandered about the city I notice I was getting odder looks than usual, then I remembered the Metro interview. It went in, tho I never saw a copy. The gigs were fantastic, all four of them. The bill for the first three nights included my old mate Carey Marx. I love watching him, his mind doesn't work like most people's. Last year he did an Edinburgh show about his attempts to find a wife, called Marry Me. He dated dozens of women, but sadly his tuxedo is still in storage. He did however get a book deal out of it, so all was not lost. Check it out.

On Sunday night it was a rare chance to see two of my fave comics, Mark Walker and Trevor Crook. I haven't worked with either of them for ages, so I was looking forward to seeing them in a relaxed setting. Sunday night gigs are always relaxed. Trevor was his usual laconic self, tho I think some of the younger people in the crowd were a bit freaked by him...to me he's one of the funniest guys ever. Mark was firing on all cylinders. He livened everyone up in the second half, and was so electric he even shocked himself. He was fiddling with the lights on the backdrop and managed to shoot a few hundred volts through his system...dozy bugger!

I did Martin Kelner's Radio Leeds show again on Saturday night, I'm becomming a regular. It's always great fun, I think I'd like to do more radio. I've got the face for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home