Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Reflections


I'm truly back and the memories of my trip are beginning to fade. Here's my Top Ten Thai Treats:

1. Being blessed by two Monks at two different temples

2. Freeing a cagefull of little birds at the Erewan Shrine to increase my luck and provide some good karma

3. The sunshine on my skin

4. Thai cuisine, green curries in particular

5. Losing almost a stone in weight from not eating the crap that I normally eat in the UK

6. Meeting Thai people, their mix of innocence and cunning is inspiring

7. The fact that the night before their general election they ban alcohol for 24 hours so you can't get drunk and vote for the wrong guy

8. The excellent designer knock-off handbags, makes me wonder why I ever bothered paying a fortune for the real things

9. Feeling safe as I walked around the streets at any time, day or night

10. Appreciating my friends, family and the quality of life I have here at home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home