Saturday, April 15, 2006

Phew!

When I first started doing stand-up I used to get dreadfully nervous before I went onstage. In fact, in the very early days I actually had panic attacks! Somewhere along the line it changed from nervousness to excitement, I couldn't wait to get on and show off!

Last night the line between nerves and excitement was totally blurred. As the Jongleurs walk on music kicked off, I felt the most massive rush of adrenalin, I heard my name and walked on, and it felt really odd to be standing there infront of all these people with no real idea of what I was gonna talk about.

Thankfully something kicked in, and I was off. All the fear dissipated, and it was pure excitement at being in the place I feel most at home that took over. What an enormous relief.

The bill was pretty special too last night, as I got to do my yearly gig with fellow female comedian Mandy Knight. She's a total joy to be in the same room as, whether it's the dressing room or the room where the gig is taking place. I laughed harder than I have done in a very long time...cheers Mandy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home