Monday, March 27, 2006

Sun, sea and .... meditation

So this morning I am full of the joys of spring, not only have the clocks gone forward, but this evening I'm off on my first holiday in years!

I'm going to Bangkok and Phuket for two whole fabulous weeks, and I am sooooooo excited! I've printed out reams of info, listing all the temples, spas, sights to see and I just can't wait!

Been checking the weather and its averaging 90 degrees at the moment, with pretty high humidity, so that should be fun. Me, red faced and sweating for two weeks...how very buddhist!

Had a good weekend in Leicester, opened on Thursday night and closed the show on Friday and Saturday. Its considered a huge thing to close a show, and its flattering to be considered able to do it. But it can be a double edged sword. Friday night I had a blinder, the crowd had been good as gold all night and were so warm and receptive. Saturday was a different kettle of fish altogether. It's always a bad sign when a member of the audience collapses from too much booze before the show even starts, and that poor girl kinda set the tone for the night. I got on and half the room were falling down drunk, the other half a bit pissed off that they weren't! Halfway through the set, the fire alarm went off, and it took some time for anyone to tell me or the crowd that it wasn't real. Very disconcerting.

Had a great lunch on Saturday with my cohorts, Kevin Gildea and Simon Clayton, both of whom I've known for ages. The conversation was the usual mix of scurrilous gossip and a swapping of web addresses! We're all getting older, once upon a time we'd be talking about shagging!

Anyway, I can't hang about here, I'm off to get various bits waxed and manicured....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home