Sunday, July 02, 2006

Lily Allen on TOTP

Gawd talking about making a gal feel ancient!

I was just flipping channels and saw that Top of the Pops was on, I haven't watched it in years, tho as a child/teenager it was compulsory viewing ... every Thursday at 7.30 I'd be there checking out what the Rollers were wearing or drooling over David Essex singing his latest hit.

Anyway, just now I saw Lily on there. When she was a very tiny little girl I used to babysit her and her kid brother Alfie. There she is all grown up and at number 13 in the charts with Smile.

She's been in just about every newspaper and magazine cos she's considered the figurehead of the MySpace phenomenon, and there's been a few disparaging pieces about her. Lots of stories about what terrors she and her brother were growing up. All I know is, she was a fantastic, gorgeous child and those qualities have only grown in her.

TOTP is coming to an end soon cos of falling ratings, but I'm really chuffed and proud that I got to see Lily on there before it went. Good on ya girl!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home