Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Contraception Television

I recently found out that due to various things being broken in my 'lady bits' I'll probably never have children. Being 45 and celibate for the last two years this is not a huge shock, as time was running out. In the words of my great mate John Fothergill, my ovaries are "like an old tin can with a couple of mouldy baked beans rattling around in the bottom".

It's one thing kinda leaving it to fate regarding producing offspring, it's another being told that even if you found the man of your dreams tomorrow and started trying for a baby the day after it still won't happen. I guess I don't like the choice being taken away from me. But its my karma I guess. Who knows? Maybe I had a dozen kids in a previous life.

After yet another hospital trip today I was feeling a bit blue, the photo's of Tom and Katie's bizarrely cute little baby staring at me from the cover of Vanity Fair on the coffee table didn't help either.

Anyway, after dinner I put the tv on and caught Family Brat Camp on C4. It couldn't have come at a better time! What with SuperNanny and this, it seems that having a child is a nightmare from start to finish.

Perhaps my condition is a blessing not a curse!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home