Tuesday, October 03, 2006

iPod Rip

I may be the last person in the universe to discover this site, but in case I'm not, any iPod owners should do themselves a favour and download this program.

www.thelittleappfactory.com/application.php?app=iPodRip

The story behind me finding and indeed needing this site is a tragic one.

A musician friend of mine was sending me mp3's of his and somehow, someway, something went wrong. After repeated download attempts I clicked some buttons, and before I know it my iTunes library of 5000 songs disappeared.

They were however still all there on my ancient iPod, so all I needed to do was transfer them back, easy enough right? Wrong!

I spent 6 hours on the phone to Apple, chasing various false leads and wondering which bits of crap on my computer I can delete. I had a back-up of all the tunes but when I attempted to re-instate it, I kept getting told that I didn't have enough memory. I also had about half a dozen files all over the place all called "Music".

In desperation I called the one person I should've called 6 hours earlier, Mickey Hutton, comedian, musician, and all round brilliant geezer. He uttered the magic words 'iPodRip' and told me everything would be fine.

There were a few teething problems in that it wouldn't even open at first, but after I got back from my gig on Saturday night I took a deep breath and deleted all the music in my computer, plugged in the iPod and opened iPod Rip....boom! All the tunes back where they belonged.

I'm not sure why Apple don't have a program like this on their computers, it seems stupid that you can only transfer songs one way ie iBook to iPod and not back again.

Anyway folks there ya go, iPodRip...the answer to all our prayers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home