Monday, October 09, 2006

God I Love MC'ing!!!!!!!






This weekend was my first time compering for about a month and I loved it.

As the DJ called my name I had no idea what I was gonna do or talk about, it was real 'seat of the pants' stuff, but by the time I took the mic out of the stand I was off. It's brilliant fun just to start talking bollocks and have a couple of hundred people laughing their socks off. It's such a high and encourages you to go further and wilder.

I guess the difference with this and doing my regular set is that I know the set works, but when I am winging it, its more honest, its me without the finely honed tricks, so when people 'get' it, they are getting me. I guess we all wanna be accepted in whatever we do, its just that some of us go to crazier extremes to find that acceptance.

Richard Morton was feeling a bit poorly this weekend but he stormed both nights, and was so full of praise for what I was doing. Coming from him those compliments really mean something.

We were reminiscing about a party we went to years ago for Jack Dee, and Prince Naseem the boxer was there. It must've been about 11 years ago. I had taken full advantage of Off The Kerb's free bar, and decided on the perfect way to make Richard famous.

If you haven't seen Rich, he's of diminutive stature, in fact he's about the same size and height as Prince Naseem, so in my drunkeness I decided that if he was to punch the Prince he'd get into all the papers and be dead famous. I spent ages trying to gee him up, trying to convince him that this would make his career. As Rich said this weekend one more drink and he might've actually listened and agreed with me, and ended up in hospital for months!

God bless sobriety!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home