Monday, January 01, 2007

... And In With The New!

Sooooo here we are, in a brand new year, full of hopes, dreams and expectations.

I'm usually excited about new years, but today I feel that the coming year will be one of consolidation rather than any wild adventures. There are all sorts of things in pipeline but whether they will come to anything remains to be seen. The weird thing is it's OK. I don't feel down about my lack of anticipation, I feel really calm.

Shame the good people of Nottingham don't share that sense of calm. Not all of them of course, but the handful that ruined their own and other people's NYE last night.

The gig itself was great fun, but while we were making most of the room laugh, several guys were thrown out for taking banned substances, another pair were knocking seven bells out of each other and hitting a poor girl in the face in the process, two couples had blazing rows which threatened to end their relationships, and we had two false fire alarms! Happy New Year indeed!

Anthony King did his bit and buggered off home cos he was ill, so it was just Johnny, Colin and myself as the chimes rang out. I toasted the year in with a glass of flat diet coke and thought to myself "well it's all uphill from here on in". At 1am we decided to go back to the hotel making the long trek up Maid Marion Way.

Johnny led us to a fish and chip shop and to be really honest, that was the highlight of the entire night. Sitting, tucked up in bed watching the London fireworks on Sky News and munching on a battered sausage! Oh! Has my life come to this???????

You know what? Maybe that is as good as it gets, and if it is, so what? It's fucking brilliant!

Happy New Year folks xxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home