Thursday, June 14, 2007

Day Four

Saturday morning and it was actually dry! Not sunny due to the massive cloud cover, but warm and dry...yayyyyyyy!

We got a cab round to Stanley Market on the hunt for bargains and/or souveniers. It was probably the most touristy part I'd seen so far, bit like Portobello Market but hotter. My mind wasn't really on bargain hunting so much as staking out available loos. I'd developed a bit of a dodgy tummy and was praying I wouldn't get caught short.

The market done and dusted, we found a lovely beach-front cafe for a spot of lunch (for John who missed breakfast) and a cold drink (for Pierre and I, who didn't). Here's the view



The skies opened once again and it was our cue to head back to the hotel. A much needed nap saw me fighting fit and raring to go come gig time.

John M who runs the shows had arrived from his gigs in Tokyo so I finally got to meet the man responsible for my fabulous trip. What a great guy and a good laugh.

Another cracking gig, three out of three, fabulous!

Went for a little wander round Wan Chai after the show, Pierre kept me company while I had some 'proper' Chinese food, then we met the others and went to an Irish pub which was practically empty. At least we could chat. John M brought a couple of mates along and one of em told me that it's perfectly safe to go off to one of the showrooms to see the handbags. She said they're like Aladdin's Cave! That's an option for tomorrow then.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home