Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Reasons To Be Cheerful....Part One

Sooooooooo I am just back from seeing the divine Rufus Wainwright at The Old Vic Theattre.

What an incredible performance!

I went with my great pal Andre Vincent (decided to take a straight guy along this time) and both of us are fans of Rufus' voice. Suffice to say neither of us were disappointed. He did one of my all time faves of his - Dinner At Eight - just him and the piano and it was breathtaking. He performed practically the whole of his new album Release The Stars, but one of the highest of highlights was when he came on for one of many encores as Judy Garland!!!!!! He was actually dressed as her with the DJ and tights and high high heels! My god I was envious of both his legs and his ability to walk and dance in spike heels!

Jennifer Saunders made a guest appearance and her hubby Ade Edmonson was in the audience cheering her on...blimey she looks absolutely gorgeous!

Just a totally wonderful night and a great topping of what has been an incredible week. I'll tell you all about that tomorrow folks, right now I need my bed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home