Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Reasons To Be Cheerful....Part Two

Sooooooo I had a fantastic week up north, spending quality time with family and equally quality time with some comedy chums in Liverpool.

I was doing the Rawhide at The Royal Court and the bill also included Brendan Riley, Mark Walker and my old mate Simon Clayton. They've changed hotels and we had to stay at the Ibis opposite the Albert Dock. This was a result as I had planned to go see the Chinese Modern Art exhibition at the Tate on Saturday, so it was perfect. As I walked in, I saw Bennett Aaron at the desk, which kinda threw me till I remembered there was another comedy club in Liverpool, the Baby Blue. Bennett was doing that one.

As I said hi I noticed he seemed a little thrown, turns out with the weight loss, he didn't recognise me! How mad is that?

The gigs were fantastic fun for all of us, and after Friday's show I was rushed off to do a show on Radio Merseyside. I'm never sure how many people are actually listening to local radio on a Friday night, but the DJ was really cool and we had a good old natter.

I was looking forward to a good night's sleep afterwards, which it turns out was an unrealistic dream. The hotel was packed with stags and hens, and due to a total lack of sounproofing, it was nearly 5am before they finally dealt with the problem of my extremely noisy neighbours.

Saturday was spent with Bennett and Simon, we had lunch on the dock and wandered over to check out the art. It was a great show, and the crowning glory was the summit of Everest preserved in a glass box. This artist had chopped it off and slid it down the mountain!

Or so I thought... turns out it was an art joke, elaborately constructed, and it totally fooled me.

The biggest joke of the weekend tho was the Ibis' attempt at compensating me for my lack of sleep. The refunded the price of the night's accommodation, but not to me, to the club! My "treat" was a complimentary night at the Ibis Liverpool to be used any time between now and Christmas. Even if it expired when hell froze over I suspect it would still go unused!

Back to my Dad's for a couple of days after the gigs and had a wonderful time with him...it's nice when you get a real relationship going with your parents isn't it?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home