Monday, August 27, 2007

A Lovely Weekend

I had such a brilliant, chilled time in Brighton!

The gigs were challenging, I was headlining which is always pressure to me - I have my comfort zone and being taken out of it always causes some apprehension. However, being taken out of your comfort zone is a brilliant thing, cos you learn about yourself.

I learned that I can close any show and do a cracking job. I also learned that too much coffee will keep you awake far later than you need to be!

The weather was stunning and I spent Saturday daytime catching a few rays in between trawling the shops for bargains. And what bargains I got, some fabulous frocks from Primark (of course), New Look and Peacocks! I also had a good old browse around the Laines and picked up one or two little things that I hadn't expected.

Sunday was a different day altogether. Having got my shopping fix, I spent the day sitting in the sunshine, drinking coffee and reading the Sunday papers, before walking back to the hotel in Hove along the seafront. It was so relaxing and so blissful, not to mention great exercise!

The bill this weekend was packed with lovely people Steve Jameson, Steve Day and Rob Heeny, the four of us shared some laughs and banter, and there were no massive egos in sight.

Up in Edinburgh they gave out the big prize for the best show of the Festival - the new Perrier - and it was won by my old mate Brendan Burns with his 10th (!) Edinburgh show. He must be feeling like it was all worthwhile now. A great lesson in tenacity!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home