Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Warhol vs Banksy

Is the title of a show at The Hospital in Endell St, WC2. It's a compare and contrast kinda thing showing how both artists reflect their times and how Warhol has influenced Banksy. You're meant to make a decision on who's best after seeing the pieces shown here.

Not sure if they're being serious or not, but there's a cracking selection of Banksy's pieces, the best of which is his take on Edward Hopper's Nighthawks right there in the reception. There's another blinder called Morons. I do love his stuff.

There's a couple of Marilyns, a series of sketches of The Beatles and The Queen in the Warhol corner, but it's not the most comprehensive collection I've ever seen. I guess they had a problem getting hold of stuff seeing as how there's a massive Warhol show up in Edinburgh - which I'm going to see next week...yayyyy!

At the end of it, I didn't pick one over the other, I love em both, and if you're shopping in Covent Garden, its worth popping in for a look.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home