Friday, August 31, 2007

Nice and Easy

After the madness of last week, running around Edinburgh and doing four gigs in Brighton, this week has been really chilled, with the exception of one thing.

"What has been disturbing your sense of calm JoJo?" I hear you ask. Well I'll tell ya, it's my bank! I've been with the Abbey for almost 20 years, and on the whole, they've been as cool as any other bank might be, but this year there's been all kinds of crap with them.

First they let someone help themself to my bank account while I was abroad - luckily I had my flight tickets etc to prove I was out of the country and the money was refunded sharpish, then one buffoon paid one of my cheques into somebody else's bank account. Again I had the receipt to prove it and as the same buffoon refunded the money he told me I was lucky (!) that that other person hadn't spent it. As if that was my problem!!!!!

The worst crime of all tho has been taking place over the last month. My debit card expired at the end of July, and in the past the new one would arrive long before the expiration date. As this didn't happen this time I called em on 30 July and was told that due to flooding (!) the card was late going out and I'd have it by 2nd August. Weeks of having to take my passport everywhere I go and endless queuing in various branches around the UK have followed, along with hours of wasted time on the premium rate phone lines trying to find out where the damn card was!

So far, two have been stopped and cancelled, and I am now waiting for a third one. Apparently it will arrive no later than next Wednesday, the day I go on my holiday... I aint holding my breath, but if it aint here by then I shall be shopping for a new bank when I get back. Are Abbey the worst bank in the world ever????????????

Other than that I've had a good week, went out for dinner and to see some band last night with my pal Paul. The meal was lovely, the band... well I couldn't tell ya cos due to unforseen circumstances Paul had to leave so I buggered off too. Still caught a couple of songs by the support who were some kinda modern rockabilly outfit.

I'm off to Watford to do a set tonight at Jongleurs, which should be cool, and tomorrow I'll be MC'ing at Battersea which I haven't played in years! How exciting!

Have a good un folks xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home