Monday, August 06, 2007

Double Bubble

Phew! The dust has settled on my weekend of double-ups and I'm feeling amazing now.

Yesterday was a different story tho'. I was exhausted! The stress of the weekend combined with the soaring 30+ temperature in London meant that apart from a quick trip out to get some food for dinner and the Sunday papers, I did nowt but sleep!

Friday was hectic - train to Nottingham, check in hotel, unpack, change and then train to Leicester for gig one. The bill there was great, the gorgeous Kevin McCarthy as MC (always a joy to do a gig with him at the helm), Jefferson & Whitfield who are two of the nicest guys around, and the fabulous Tony Hendricks.

The show manager there has really gone to town in the dressing room too, a huge bowl of fresh fruit, packets of sweets, all kinds of nice little treats for us. It might sound daft but those little touches make a difference.

I had a great time onstage too, even got some new material out which really pleased me, then it was a dash across the East Midlands for gig two.

I even had time for a smoke before I went in, which was a bonus.

Another cracking line-up here, with Keith Fields as MC (another safe pair of hands), Dom Carroll and my old pal Steve Jameson doing his Sol Bernstien character. Nottingham is one of the toughest gigs on the Jongleurs circuit, but I went on and had a good time. There were a few drunken women trying desperately to pull this poor guy, but even they settled after a bit of 'attention' from me.

Steve, Keith and I walked back up the hill to the gig and it was the first time I've done that walk and been able to hold a conversation all the way up! The exercise regime is paying off!

Saturday afternoon was spent catching up with Steve over a long lunch...things are going great for him which was fantastic to hear, he's such great company.

Saturday night of course was a repeat of Friday with the travelling and stuff, but the gigs were a whole lot more fun. I think I sometimes 'overthink' gigs and put needless pressure on myself, by Saturday I was a bit more relaxed cos I'd done the business on Friday.

Best treat of all, Steve was driving back after the show and stuck around to give me a lift home. Bless him!

By 2.30am I was in my own home and feeling proud of myself for not f**king up!

Those hill walks obviously paid off big time too, in the six months since I had my gastric bypass I've now lost 6 stones and 10lbs! How amazing is that??????

Yep life is good today.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home