Saturday, September 01, 2007

And So It's Over

Big Brother ended last night with Brian "the Brain" Belo being crowned winner.

This year's series started off pretty controversially, with Emily the middle-class racist being slung out, and those early weeks looked like it was gonna be the usual bitch fest. I think putting all women in from the start was a huge mistake. It smacked of desperation on the part of the programme makers to be honest.

As the weeks went by however, things settled down and once "the most delusional human being on the planet ever" aka Charley was evicted and neurotic, whingy Chanelle buggered off, it kinda settled into just a really pleasurable hour of viewing most nights.

Sure the viewing figures dropped dramatically on last year's, it wasn't 'must see' tv was it. After all there wasn't a lot of bitching and backstabbing going on was there? Last year's series made me despair for humanity watching the likes of Grace and Nikki. This year's just gave me a kinda warm feeling inside.

The last six were like a real family, with mum Carole, weird uncle Jonty and an assortment of basically sweet kids. Liam, Brian, Ziggy and the twins actually gave me some hope, after all when I'm on my pension they'll be the generation responsible for my care! And the genuine joy they all felt when Brian was named the winner gave me a nice warm feeling inside.

Gawd I am getting soft in my old age!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home