Sunday, March 30, 2008

I Think I Wannabe...

... a rich man's plaything.

Not so much for the having a man part, as for the having access to unlimited amounts of dosh to spend as and when and how I choose.

I don't necessarily want to clear the shelves at Chanel or Dior, but to always have cash in my purse to spend on whatever would be kinda cool I reckon.

I've had three weekends off work and that's what's done for me. To be really honest I am soooo looking forward to going back onstage next weekend I can't tell you, but I have really enjoyed having all this time to myself.

I had a fantastic birthday dinner on Friday night at the fabulous Sam's Brasserie in Chiswick -where I got a chance to dress up in a sexy lil black frock and full make-up for the first time since the op - in the company of someone who's been a great friend for 20-odd years now. The food, the ambience, the company and the espresso martini were all excellent.

Yesterday I decided to have a wander round Portobello Market. It's been a while since I was able to go there on a Saturday, and I had a brilliant time. I wandered along Westbourne Grove with all it's designer shops, and caught local boy Damon Albarn checking me out (oh yeah baby! I got it going on!) Then I hit the market proper. It was rammed with tourists and locals, but that was cool, I wasn't in a rush. There's a new cakeshop/cafe called Gails opened on the site of what used to be an art gallery, and I had a delicious latte and a peanut butter cookie sandwich from there...yummy! I meandered all the way up to the Westway, even checking out the shops in Portobello Green, where I got a fantastic little t-shirt in the sale in one of the shops. There were all kinds of new stalls out too, including one selling really nasty over the top belt buckles. I got me a shiny silver one with two decks on it for a tenner! He threw the belt in for nowt!

I also got a gorgeous orange Dalai Lama t-shirt from a stall called Positive Tees. They have a website - www.connectionclothing.com - and apparently all the t-shirts are Fairtrade cotton, and 20% of the price goes to a charity helping children with AIDS, so I feel kinda good about that purchase. I picked up a second-hand lumberjack shirt in mint condition for £15 which I just love.

The sun even stayed out the whole time I was out which was a blessing, and I had a fabulous few hours.

The evening was spent watching brilliant rubbish telly from I'd Do Anything to Pimp My Ride....bliss!

Yes I could definitely be a lady of leisure.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home