Sunday, January 03, 2010

Happy New Decade!!!!!!!!

Sooooo here we are in the next bit of the new millenium, which isn't as new as it was 10 years ago of course.

Since my return from Berlin I've been in Crimbo Limbo, not knowing which day is Bank Holiday and which day isn't, often just not knowing what day it is at all. Most of them have felt like Sundays to be honest.

I went back to yoga last week for the first time in nearly three weeks. Amazing how quickly you get stiff ain't it? It felt good to get back to it, there were only two classes last week but I made it to both. I also made it to the gym a couple of times which was awesome too! Especially my trip the morning of NYE when one of the guys who works in the gym asked me if I used to be a ballet dancer! To say I was incredibly flattered is something of an understatement! I'm still glowing a bit inside when I think of it.

Of course me being me, I didn't just say "no, but thank you", I said 'no love, I used to be 20 stones". One of these days I really will learn to take a compliment. He said he thought I must have been a dancer because of my posture. Just goes to show what yoga can do for a gal! I hadn't even noticed how my posture had improved. Hell a few years ago I wouldn't have even passed for a belly dancer, never mind a ballet dancer!

New Year's Eve was fantastic. I was working, which is always a result for me. You can't not have a good one when you wake up on New Year's Day with a bag full of cash! I was at The Glee Club in Birmingham which as you all know by now is my favourite club ever, and was one with a great bunch of guys including Sean Collins and Andy Robinson. Champagne was consumed afterwards and a great time was had by all.

I'm back to work properly next week, and looking forward to it too, but it's been lovely having this break. Its been a time to rest up - the extreme cold seems to affect the lupus - and a time to just reflect on my life.

This isn't a time for dramatic changes, but a rather dramatic shift has taken place in the way I view the world and see my place in it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home