Friday, May 05, 2006

Hip Hip Hooray!


Hurrah and other noises of celebration! It's the weekend, the sun is shining, and I am working at one of my most favourite comedy clubs tonight and tomorrow. It's the legendary Up The Creek in Greenwich.

This gig hold special significance for me in so many ways.

Number one cos it was started by the wonderful Malcom Hardee many, many moons ago, I still miss the old bugger.

Number two cos it's the scene of my worst ever death. It was my 7th ever gig and I was, quite frankly, a bit shit. I had way more confidence than skill, and even that failed me as the notorious Sunday night crowd bayed for blood, as was their wont. Strange bunch they were, they wanted to see my tits, then they wanted to see my vag, yet as I offered the loudest of all the loud-mouthed oafs a chance to come up onstage and see it, he seemed reluctant all of a sudden.

Malcom tried to get me off, but I told him to fuck off as I was doing my time! I'm blushing just thinking about it all. Of course the television cameras were there to record this momentous event, just to compound the humilliation!

The next day, I gave up comedy for six months, and it took me 18 months to pluck up the courage to return to the club. That night was very different, I'd learned a bit more about how to do this comedy thing, and the audience took me to their collective busoms, it was bliss!

Since then it's been my favourite London gig, so to have a whole two nights there is a bonus...really looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home