Monday, January 01, 2007

Best of the Best

2006 was the year that I...

Made my TV stand-up debut on Comedy Blue for the Paramount channel (tx March 2007)

Rediscovered my love of female singers with brilliant albums by Lily Allen and Amy Winehouse

Laughed myself silly watching the Borat movie

Was entranced by Jack Nicholson's amazing performance in The Departed

Felt like a star standing onstage at the Olympia Theatre Dublin listening to 1500 people laugh at my gags as I opened for Puppetry of the Penis

Luxuriated in my room at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi

Felt cleansed by my audience with the monk at Wat Poh in Bangkok

Had my mind blown by witnessing the sheer beauty of Venice for the very first time

Felt at home once again at The Glee Club, Birmingham

Let go of a lot of excess baggage

Expanded my knowledge and love of modern art with visits to the Reina Sofia Gallery and the Peggy Guggenheim Collection amongst others

Said goodbye to numerous credit cards and their accompanying debts

Learned that you're never really alone, even thousands of miles from home

Got mistaken for a natve in Madrid, my Spanish must be better than I thought!

Really learned that "stuff" doesn't provide lasting happiness

It was also the year that saw me deepening some existing friendships, making new ones and appreciating the strength of some of my oldest and dearest friends.

What a brilliant year it was!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home