Monday, February 26, 2007

What A Night!

Well this evening was a night of firsts!!!!

It started with me on my way to Kennington to support my bestest comedy pal Stephen K Amos. He was a guest on Richard and Judy and I invited myself along cos I'd never met the dynamic duo and wanted to. Stephen was on to plug his brilliant documentary "Batty Man" which goes out on Channel 4 tomorrow (Tuesday) morning at 10.30.

Its about homophobia within the black community and is just amazingly well made. I am so proud of him for doing it.

After the show I got to meet them and introduced myself as Stephen's wife which made Richard laugh. I even got a chance for a quick chat with Judy who is just wonderul. One of the sweetest celebs I've ever met.

After that Stephen had to go and do some radio thing, but I had a prior engagement, and the next in my series of firsts, to go and see a play at the National Theatre. In 28 years of living in London I have never been inside the National. I met my pal Paul who had kindly bought me a ticket to see a play called Happy Days. Sadly Fonzie wasn't in it. It's a Samuel Beckett play, the first time I've seen anything he's written.

I dunno why I've left it so late to get into going to the theatre, I love watching live performances. This was pretty challenging to say the least, but I loved it. Once Paul explained that Beckett never told anyone what his plays were actually about, I was free to apply my own interpretation to it ... I loved it!

The weight loss in continuing apace, 20lbs gone now and it's only three weeks ago today since I had the op, so I am pretty chuffed as you can imagine. Mind you, tonight was the first time that not being able to eat solid foods yet bothered me, at R&J they had the most delicious looking canapes!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home