Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Recovery

I've taken a couple of weeks off work to recover from my surgery, and initally I thought I'd be bed ridden for at least a week of that.

It's not happened tho. I was out getting my nails done the day after I was discharged, been out doing little errands every day, and am even back excercising every morning! Not doing my crunches for obvious reasons, but squats, bicep and tricep curls, lots of stretching and even my tai chi.

I am amazed at how quickly I'm getting over it, as are all my pals who've called over the weekend with more than a note of trepidation in their voices. They're all expecting me to be bundled up in bed feeling sorry for myself, just like I was.

I think being active is aiding the recovery, its as much a mental process as a physical one, and getting showered and dressed every day, then heading out makes me feel better, as a result I am better. The scars from the keyhole surgery are negligible, thank god. I'll be in a bikini by summer! On stage.

Well maybe not, but the weight is melting off at a rather alarming rate, in 8 days I have lost 4.5 kilos which is 9.9lbs in old money....pretty phenomenal by anyone's standards. I've spent the morning going through my wardrobe and clothes that I haven't been able to fit in for 2 years fit me already!

The best thing about this wardrobe clearout is that I know I can chuck the fat clothes out for good this time. The weight aint coming back, thank god.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home