Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Like Err Totally Surreal, Maaaaaan!

So today was another glorious sunny day and where did I spend a huge chunk of it? In a museum of course! I am just such a rebel.

To be fair I walked most of the way there so I got plenty of sun on my skin, and the exhibition I went to see was just awesome.

It was the Surreal Things at the V&A and hats off to the curators for gathering a really comprehensive cross section of works by the main players in the movement.

They've got all the well known pieces from Dali's Mae West Lips sofas and Lobster telephones to Rene Magritte's Portrait of Edward James, from the most amazing frocks by Elsa Schiaparelli to some fabulous pieces by Joan Miro.

There's not a single part of the exhibition that doesn't enthrall and educate. Theres some amazing pieces of furniture by Isamu Noguchi that made me wanna rush out and buy a new couch right away.

There's a fabulous scale model of Frederick Kiesler's gallery from Peggy Guggenheim's Art of This Century show complete with miniature reproductions of all the artworks.

Perhaps my favourite single piece tho is the one right at the end, Max Ernst's Bed-Cage which I so want in my home now!

The show is on till July, so get yourselves down there...to miss this one would be a crime!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home