Monday, April 02, 2007

Lovin' It

So Friday morning, back in London, the sunshine of Paris a fast fading memory, back to reality.

Since my op I've been getting weighed every morning, which I know you *shouldn't* do, but the fact is we all do it when we're watching our weight. I've been lucky, as the worst that's happened when I get on the scales is that I have simply stayed the same. I've not once gained which is an incredible thing for me.

I was a bit apprehensive tho cos while I was away I did eat more than I've done in the last few weeks. Needn't have worried tho, I lost four whole pounds in the three days I was away! Just goes to show that walking is the best exercise ever.

My gigs this weekend were at Reading Jongleurs, and again I was doing sets, this almost feels like not working at all. The bill was fantastic, Al Barrie, Dan Evans who I haven't seen in ages, and The Raymond and Mr Timkins Revue, who are the brothers I never had.

Both nights I had really wonderful gigs, the only mild blot on the landscape is that I am in some kinda wardrobe hell. I'm too small for the clothes I was wearing two months ago, and not small enough for the stuff I was wearing four years ago. Everything seems to be either hanging off me, or just that bit too tight to be comfortable.

I'm not inclined to buy stuff that fits me today as it probably won't fit tomorrow, so I'm still wearing the baggy stuff. Its very bizarre looking at tops that did'nt seem particularly big a while back, and thinking 'my god it's massive' now. Nice feeling tho.

The best thing about doing the gigs in Reading - aside from the fun I had, I've even got new walk-on music, Private Dancer by Tina Turner, just to freak the boys out - was that both nights I was back in the house by 11pm! Bonus!

It meant I was up and out early on Sunday too, so I heard the call from New Look and ran to Oxford Street. God I love that shop, I got a fantastic black t-shirt for £7!!!!!!!!!!

Had a great phone chat with my new comedy pal Ninia Benjamin too. She really is one of the funniest women I know. Her and Gina are off to Thailand this week to do that whole 'spa' thing. What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall as those two get colonically irrigated!

Big shout out too to Gina who came third in this massive American comedy competition on Saturday night....proud of ya girl!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home